Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I have been incredibly busy

Yes, I know it has been quite some time since I last posted an entry on here, but nonetheless I continue blogging on.

As you knew in previous posts, I had hopes of returning to school, well guess what - those hopes have materialized and I am now taking two courses at night at ATU - Russellville. I am taking composition and algebra. With me working full time, that is enough of a load to start with. I struggle with math as it is so I decided to pair it with an easy course such as comp so the stress isnt quite so much.

I go to class on Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30 - 9:00 pm. Then my composition class is being taken online through the same school which helps. I hope to get these two courses knocked out this semester so that I can take comp II and Algebra for General Education requirements.

What am I going for you ask? I am working on getting my degree in English Education. I was previously a Journalism major. But I decided to switch as you know that journalism isnt exactly conducive to being a single mother.

So right now my week looks like this
_________ATU mail

WHEW! Plus I have had to work the last two Saturdays and my Sundays are booked solid everyweek, so I haven't really been able to catch my breath.

But today I finally got a breather, sort of. I went to work this morning, and there were no lights! I thought 'weird no lights'. I walked up to the group standing outside. There was no power whatsoever. So we ended up standing outside in the rain from 5:30 AM until 9:30 when they finally let us come home as we could not run any production. I was soaked. I had two options, either stand out side in the rain or go stand in the dark, stiffling break room where I couldnt see or breath. I decided to stay outside underneath the awning.

Due to no production today, that is a gauranteed full day of work on Saturday unless some of the chicken got too warm and they tossed it out, but I doubt it as the freezer is well insulated for this reason.

There is flooding here and if people do not show up for work in the morning and we run just a few lines, that also means we work Saturday, so this is just a bad week altogether to even plan anything for Saturday which I originally had - I was going to take my daughter to one of her friends birthday party Saturday afternoon and now we can't. I wont tell my daughter yet though until the sign is posted at work we are working on Saturday.

But I suppose the upside is that we stood outside and did nothing for four hours and got paid for it. Crazy.

Thats all for now, so I hope to have another update posted sometime soon.